5% New Token Allocation

as it stands right now 25% is allocated to Manifold - the tentative plan is at least 20% is held by a vault for the new captive insurance staking program , the other 5% to be used as retroactive rewards + future incentives"

So while I would obviously enjoy current fold holders receiving the entire 5% allocation of the new token upfront. For the benefit of the protocol Iā€™ll suggest:

• 2.5% airdropped to current holders. Sam says it needs to be time unlocked but this wouldnā€™t really make it an airdrop, so Iā€™d be against it unless previous time holding $fold is taken into account eg you have to hold or have held $fold for at least 3 months to get your full allocation (even this sounds unnecessarily complicated).

• 2.5% used as bonus rewards for those who lock their fold in new staking system when itā€™s released. This would create a nice surge of demand and can be vested over the lock period - 1, 2 or 3 months with more allocated for locking for longer.

Iā€™m not sure why anything would need to be held back for future incentives, due to the fact weā€™d still have 20% available for the new captive insurance staking program anyway.

I also want to suggest airdropping some extra amount to fold holders based on how long they are already holding fold or xfold. One could even consider a small bonus to early xfold stakers. To keep it simple, 2021-2022-2023 could be cliffs each adding 1.5 to 2x to the allocation. Or make it more granular by half years or quarters.

Furthermore telegram combot score could be considered, honoring constant community contributors like Max, Badri, LJ, Vhfan and quite some others. Also the forums could be an option to consider though there seem to be many badges etc which seems complicated. Maybe there is a simple element to consider. Maybe not.

Airdrop Plan with Multipliers and Percentages (These are just rough suggestions/ideas):

Total MEV Token Allocation for Airdrop: 5%

Baseline Allocation for All FOLD Holders: 45% of the 5%

• Every FOLD holder receives a base allocation of MEV tokens.

Enhanced Rewards for LP Providers: 30% of the 5%

• LP Providers receive rewards based on the liquidity provided.
  • Suggested Multiplier: 1.5x-3x based on liquidity amount and duration.

Long-Term Holder Rewards: 20% of the 5%

• Holders can claim tokens for all wallets theyā€™ve used to hold FOLD.
  • Suggested Multiplier for Total Holding Time:
    • 1.5x for holding between 1-2 years.
    • 2x for holding between 2-3 years.

During the claim process all wallets used to hold fold need to be mentioned so that people who transferred to new wallets are not at a disadvantage.

OG Community Rewards: 5% of the 5%

A fixed additional reward for early supporters and active community members. Allocation could be a flat rate or based on early participation and contributions.

1 Like

I would nuance the argument of letting ā€œlong-term holdersā€ receive more tokens to something like ā€œsomeone who was holding FOLD X years/months ago (and maybe now does as well)ā€. Because there are holders who have sold and rebought their FOLD holdings by swing trading and that would otherwise be punished, which would be quite odd to do.

ā€œswingers get the ropeā€

IMO people swing trading should not be rewarded additionally as this shows a lack of commitment. Also by that logic, you would need to airdrop to all people who ever held FOLD, which defeats the purpose of rewarding long-term supporters.

4 Likes

Iā€™d favour boosting future yields for those who lock their FOLD over something like 6, 12, 24 months. Incentivising new buyers takes priority over rewarding existing holders imo.

3% to those who lock

1% to holders at time of airdrop

1% based on snapshot - maybe August 2023

Why reward those more that swing traded? Swing trading is not holding. Some of us have been patiently holding since the tge. If you were doing it based on staking would you still say that swing traders should be rewarded the same? no.

1 Like

Long-time FOLD holder but Iā€™m not super up to date with everything thatā€™s happening. That being said, first impression here is that only 5% of the new mevETH token being allocated to existing FOLD holders seems low, given that itā€™s the manifold team thatā€™s building this new product and not another team. If the manifold team built this, why is only 25% of the token going to manifold and only 5% to the existing token holders? Typically speaking, when a company launches a new product, the company owns 100% of that new product and thus the shareholders (team, investors, etc.) should also be entitled to the revenue streams of the new product.

1 Like

I double down on what @zk1t said here.

I believe your take is incorrect. 20% is going to fold holders (stakers to be more precise) and another 5% is going to fold holders in a way that is yet to be chosen (what is being discussed in this topic).

Increasing your stack size because you take advantage of shifting sentiments and proposed deadlines which are often delayed is not a lack of commitment. And no, you wouldnā€™t need to airdrop FOLD to everyone who ever held FOLD and I didnā€™t say that either. You could easily look at who is holding FOLD and when was the first time they had FOLD. However, there is still a problem, you are also punishing people who changed wallets which makes this even more complicated. More reason why I think we are just discussing silly hypotheticals which I think will never happen in the way we envision right now.

Regardless, the easiest and fairest way (I think) is to take a snapshot of the blockchain at some point and airdrop the same number of tokens to every holder. It becomes quickly unnecessarily complicated if you start adding multipliers and separate rewards for certain things as you proposed, and I doubt Sam is going to make this as complicated (if there is an airdrop coming at all).

I think a better way would be to announce airdrop snapshot ahead of time, give it to fold holders (given staking was obsolete for a couple of years) and this way you get to incentivize people to buy fold which has the main benefit of increasing the price of fold and the liquidity profile, which you also helps enhance the insurance aspect of mevETH

Lol wut? So you can dump your bags? Noone will buy this piece of shit, mate

just an idea lol

you can add some type of vesting structure like ve for the airdrop as well - e.g. lock fold for 4 years to receive 100% of airdrop allocation down to 1 year for 25% airdrop allocation and if you donā€™t lock you donā€™t get anything if you want to create some type of supply lockup or incentivize only long-term believers to get the benefits

Many here are already ā€œlong-term believersā€ since weā€™ve been here for 2-3 years with many changes in the projectā€™s direction. At least I am. I donā€™t see why it would be a great idea to tell them ā€œYeah, and now the real waiting starts if you want any reward lmaoā€

| Hilbi
February 20 |

• | - |

Increasing your stack size because you take advantage of shifting sentiments and proposed deadlines which are often delayed is not a lack of commitment. And no, you wouldnā€™t need to airdrop FOLD to everyone who ever held FOLD and I didnā€™t say that either. You could easily look at who is holding FOLD and when was the first time they had FOLD. However, there is still a problem, you are also punishing people who changed wallets which makes this even more complicated. More reason why I think we are just discussing silly hypotheticals which I think will never happen in the way we envision right now.

Regardless, the easiest and fairest way (I think) is to take a snapshot of the blockchain at some point and airdrop the same number of tokens to every holder. It becomes quickly unnecessarily complicated if you start adding multipliers and separate rewards for certain things as you proposed, and I doubt Sam is going to make this as complicated (if there is an airdrop coming at all).

Hi Sam,

I am still holding X Fold. Do I need to do anything with these now? What benefits is there in holding these?

Thanks Dan